Monday 4 November 2013

Bria Roberts Attempts World Record For Most Skips With Leg Behind Head

All her life, actress Bria Roberts wanted to be a Guinness World Record holder.
When her opportunity came, she had a leg up on everyone else -- and it was behind her head as well.
Roberts, a Los Angeles-based actress, recently attempted to set a new world record for most skips with one leg behind her head as part of the TruTV series, "Guinness World Records Unleashed."
The previous record was 24 skips, but she said preparing for the record was a stretch for her -- even though she's a professional contortionist.
"When I first heard of the record ... I tried it, and, well, how would you put it? I crashed? Fell? Flopped? Made a very nice 'attempt'? Basically, I couldn't get over the rope even one time to save my life," she said by email to The Huffington Post. "I wanted the record so bad but was physically unable to get over the rope, and the attempt was only 2 months away."
She kept trying, but even though she learned to skip two or three times in a row, she had a long way to skip before she could call herself a Guinness record holder.
Luckily, she got help from a higher power.Bria Roberts
"One day, I was briefly worshipping Jesus and I asked Him to give me strength and power," she said. "I then beat the record -- at home. So, that doesn't count as a record but was still awesome!!"
To see whether Roberts broke the records for real, you can watch the season premiere of "Guinness World Records Unleashed" on Nov. 7, or you can watch the video and count her skips for yourself.

0 comments:

Post a Comment